2024 Thermal Clinics in Colombia!
Colombia is known as one of the most paraglider friendly skies in the world and now, you have a friend to fly with in the Colombian Andes!
NSA Paragliding has been guiding pilots in Colombia for over 10 years and are now extending the offer to newer pilots. This guided course is aimed for pilots just getting introduced into thermalling with a desire to make and break their personal bests while paragliding in paradise.
While you may have heard of the paragliding town in Colombia, Roldanillo, as the meca of paragliding bliss in the winter, it does require a little bit of experience to get the most out of your day there. Typically in Roldanillo you launch once and maximize the day by flying for hours around the friendliest clouds in the world.
For those who have never flown in thermals for hours, having a chance to launch 2, 3 or even 5 times a day is a game changer.
Piedechinche, Colombia is the perfect site for newer pilots. With the ability to launch early in the morning all the way through sunset, you can pick and choose when you fly based on your comfort level.
NSA Paragliding will provide:
- Pickup and drop off from the airport (CLO) *under 1 hour drive from airport to hotel.
- Lodging in a great hotel near launch with the availability of private rooms, AC, hot water on demand, refreshing pools and more.
- Rides to launch, retrieval and back to the hotel.
- Breakfast every morning.
- Professional instructors on launch and on the radio for guidance.
- Daily XC theory coaching before, during and after flights.
- Opportunities to fly tandem with a coach to get hands on tips and tricks on mastering XC flying.
January 20th - 28th, 2024
*This includes 2 days dedicated for travel.
After this week long paragliding vacation in Piedechinche Colombia, NSA Paragliding will join sivclinic.com/travel-tours on February 2rd 2024 for their intermediate to expert pilot course in Rolldanillo. This is the grad school of paragliding university for pilots who have a number of hours thermaling and are ready to fly many hours from a single launch every day. If you want more than what Piedechinche has to offer, you will want to join us in Rolldanillo. For those that want it all, join us in Piedechinche to warm up and then in Roldanillo for some more smiles for miles.
*Additional costs apply to attend both clinics.
$2,500 USD for the full week or $500 USD per day to customize your trip.
- Current paragliding license.
- Basic ability of launching and landing on your own.
- Basic thermal flying skills.
- Complete paragliding equipment suitable to your skill level.
- Reserve parachute re-packed within the last 6 months prior to the course.
- A good 2-meter band radio.
- GPS device for location. Can be phone in most cases.
- Accident insurance which covers paragliding.
*Strongly recommended a Verio and a Garmin (Delorme) Inreach communication device with knowledge of how to operate them.
For more information or to customize your trip, please send an email to: info@NSAparagliding.com or click: BOOK NOW to tell us more about yourself and reserve your spot. (Space is limited)